Without doubt the way in which trees have and continue to be managed by the majority of landowners currently falls well short of good practices. This is in part due to the lack of knowledge of the site manager in dealing with tree related matters as well as lack of systems available to take care of this process. Trees get managed according to what the site manager “believes is necessary” bearing in mind they in most cases do not have the knowledge in trees. Some sites obtain arborist reports and follow them the best they can with the knowledge they have. Both methods unfortunately have the downfall of not recording and developing a history of what has been done on the trees at the site.
Our Tree Safety Program differs vastly from this as everything that you do on your trees is done according to a plan. This method not only is very structured it also keeps a record of everything you have done and builds a history of your site. This is especially important in the event of an incident and having to justify the decisions that were made in relation to tree expenditure.
There are lots of benefits you will get using the Tree Safety Program including the following:
- It will leave you in a legally defendable position in the event of an accident.
- It will show you how to reduce risk and create a safer environment for your site, staff and visitors.
- You will no longer require Tree Risk Assessment Reports as the system flags trees requiring re-inspection based on the risk rating.
- Inspections are carried out on a regular basis as determined by the original inspections and reinspections frequencies based on the tree risk rating
- Estimated costs on recommended works are included and can be reported on, which is beneficial for budgeting purposes.
- Complete history of the trees is created as inspections and work are carried out.
- Budgets can be allocated to most critical work first ensuring that funds are used in the best possible way.