A Tree Safety Audit is the process of assessing the trees on your site using an industry acceptable tool to determine the risk associated with the trees.
Unfortunately the way in which trees have and continue to be managed by the majority of landowners currently falls well short of good practices. This is in part due to the lack of knowledge of the site manager in dealing with tree related matters as well as lack of systems available to take care of this process.
Typically this is done on golf courses, schools, parklands, university, hospitals and other sites which have large number of trees.
Do I need a Tree Safety Audit?
If your site has trees then a Tree Safety Audit will ensure that you meet your “Duty of Care” for anyone using the site. It also means that your trees are being assessed by someone with skills and knowledge. Too often this process if left to the site manager who in most cases are not experts in tree related matters.
Why is a Tree Safety Audit important?
In the event of a tree related incident on your site and you cannot demonstrate sound management of risk associated to your trees, it could leave you vulnerable. Having a regular Tree Safety Audit done and ensuring you follow the recommendations from the audit will help protect you in the event of an incident.
At Urban Arbor we have taken this one step further and created the “Tree Safety Program” With this program everything that you do on your trees is done according to a plan. This method not only is very structured, it also keeps a record of everything you have done and builds a history of your site. This is especially important in the event of an incident and having to justify the decisions that were made in relation to tree expenditure.
There are lots of benefits you will get using the Tree Safety Program including the following:
- It will leave you in a legally defendable position in the event of an accident.
- It will show you how to reduce risk and create a safer environment for your site, staff and visitors.
- You will no longer require regular Tree Safety Audits as the system flags trees requiring re-inspection based on the risk rating.
- Inspections are carried out on a regular basis as determined by the original inspections and re-inspections frequencies based on the tree risk rating
- Estimated costs on recommended works are included and can be reported on, which is beneficial for budgeting purposes.
- Complete history of the trees is created as inspections and work are carried out.
- Budgets can be allocated to most critical work first ensuring that funds are used in the best possible way.
Who can do a tree safety audit?
It is important that the assessor doing the tree safety audit not only has the appropriate qualifications but has extensive experience in risk assessment. Correctly assessing risk associated with trees will have the following benefits;
- Improved safety on your site
- No wasting of funds on tree work that is not necessary
At Urban Arbor our staff are trained in the following Tree Risk Assessment Tools which are international recognised;
- QTRA (Quantified Tree Risk Assessment)
- TRAQ (Tree Risk Assessment Qualification)
If you have a site that you feel could benefit from a Tree Safety Audit or our “ Tree Safety Program” contact our consultants to discuss your requirements.
Why You Should Use Urban Arbor For Your Tree Inspection Report?
At Urban Arbor, we are able to provide you with a thorough and speedy tree inspection report that meets your duty of care. Our team is fully qualified in the most current risk assessment techniques used in tree inspection reports.
When you need a comprehensive tree inspection report, get in touch with the experts at Urban Arbor!